The match started with both the teams looking to move forward in the initial moments of the game. Though Neroca FC were enjoying the majority of the possession, Aizawl looked sharp with their passing and running with the ball.

The first major chance of the half came in the 13th minute for the home team but Chanso Horam, who had a clear shot on left flank failed to convert the same. With this first chance, Neroca was slowly growing in confidence and this time the chance came from the right side but the young Khaiminthang Lhungdim side-netted his shot in the 22nd minute.

The crunch moment of the game came in the 27th minute when Neroca got a free-kick from just outside the 18-yard box. Zodingliana was vested with the responsibility and a thunderous left-footed kick hit the goal post and Ousmane Diawara capitalized on the rebound, as he put the ball in the back of the net with 28 mins on the clock.

In the 34th minute, from a free-kick just outside the box, Aizawl Paul Ramfangzauva struck a thunderous shot but the Goalkeeper flew to his right and made a tremendous save to keep his team’s lead intact.

Just before the halftime , Aizawl was making good advances especially down the right flank as Isak Vanlalruatfela was creating problems for the defence. With just a few seconds remaining in the first half, Neroca FC got another chance to double their lead but the shot on goal by Chanso Horam was deflected from the body of an Aizawl defender for a corner. At half time the home team led 1-0.

After the changeover, Aizawl got a corner but the resulting header was cleared by the Neroca defence from the goal line. In the 66th minute, Aizawl brought on K. Lalhmangaihkima for William Lalnunfela in order to provide better supply to Abdoulaye Kanoute. Soon after, Neroca made a tactical change by bringing on a midfielder Ronald Singh for Khaiminthang Lhungdim.

Aizawl was continuously pushing forward but wasn’t able to break the Neroca FC defence. The away team came very near to clinching an equaliser in the dying moments but the shot from the outside of the box rattled the Neroca FC goal post and went out of bound. The search for an equaliser finally ended in vain as Neroca FC held on to their slender lead and the match ended in favour of the home team.

Neroca Captain, Marvin Devon Phillip, walked away with the Hero of the Match award for his brilliant performance in between the goal post.